Durable pure acrylics for interior and exterior applications. 24 strong, lightfast (non-fading) colors. Specifically optimised for Marbling and Pouring Art.
LOW VOC and FORMALDEHYDE FREE
Paints with "for M&P" in the color name are perfect for both Marbling and Pouring Art. Some colors state "for Pouring" and these should not be used for marbling and some colours state "for Marbling" and these should not be used for Pouring.
These Paints For Marbling
See our wonderful 2 page "Beginner Guide to Marbling" in the technical section of this website.
Perfect for the marbling of paper, most fabrics and other porous surfaces.
If you are a Marbler you will know the importance of using good quality acrylics that give repeatable spread results and that are compatible with each other with similar push and spread properties.
13 of these acrylic paints have been surfactant optimised for marbling. Usually you will not need to add surfactant to our paints and should dilute as follows: 2 parts water to 1 part paint. For smaller marbling baths you can dilute with 1 part water to 1 part paint.
We developed our paints for marbling in partnership with Larissa Don, one of the world's leading Marblers. She tested and we adjusted the formulations until she was happy and also supplies our paints to her customers. Larissa also uses and supplies the same Marbling Gel Powder, Marbling Fixative Powder and Marbling Surfactant that we supply. If you need professional marbled apparel contact Larissa at: Larissadon@gmail.com or send her a What's App: +27 73 638 6251."
Our Permanent Metallic Paints and Permanent Bright Neon/UV Paints have also been optimised for marbling and they can also be purchased via this web site.
Marblers and would-be marblers will find the following link to Marbling & Suminagashi Production Studio useful.
These Paints For Acrylic Pouring
The strong color and multi-surface adhesion technology make these products great for the use in Acrylic Pouring Art. Use them together with our exceptional quality Flow Control and Turbo-Cell or Non-Oily Cell Former. Start with 1 part paint to 1 part Flow Control (by volume). If you still want to increase the flow further then add a little water.
All our other Permanent Paints (especially Bright Neon/UV, Glow-in-the-dark and Metallic Paints) are also great for acrylic pouring art and can also be purchased via this web site. See product Category "Paint, Mediums, Gels & Additives" for other products that will enhance your art.
About the pigments we use in this paint range.
Artists love to know what pigments are used in their paints. They generally research their pigments and know which are lightfast and which are not. They also get an idea of the colour of various pigments and how they behave when mixed with other colours. Some of our Marbling and Pouring acrylics are pure pigments while others are blends. We have selected only pigments that are suitable for archival quality art. Simply by Googling the Colour Index number you will be able to read about each of the pigments we use.
- Cadmium based pigments are well known in many bright art paint colours including reds and yellows. We don't use any cadmium based pigments but our bismuth vanadate and diketo-pyrrolo pyrrole red and orange pigments are excellent, far more environmentally friendly substitutes.
- All our oxide colours are earthy. Some paint manufactures call the Red Oxide colour Venetian Red and the Yellow Oxide colour Yellow Ochre. Maroon Oxide is very interesting as it is the same pigment used in Red Oxide only in a flocculated form which shifts it significantly towards blue. Chrome Green Oxide is a dull green and an extremely natural colour well suited to African landscape scenes.
- We only have two colours that tend towards being pastel shades; Cerise Pink and Blaze Orange.
- Quinacridone Maroon is deeper and more blue than Quinacridone Magenta which has a brighter hue.
- In many colours we have blended pigments together with titanium dioxide to give the paints good opacity. While one would not do this for pure art paints, this technique gives good results in Acrylic Pouring.
Keep out of reach of children
All our products should be kept out of reach of children under 5 years and anybody who may tend to place items or liquids in their mouths should be supervised. Even packing can become a choking hazard.
Titanium White for Pouring
Titanium White for Marbling
Carbon Black (for M&P)
Charcoal Grey (Hue) for M&P
Yellow Oxide (for M&P)
Azo Yellow for Pouring
Bismuth Lemon Yellow (for M&P)
Red Oxide (for M&P)
Pyrrol Red (for M&P)
Cerise Pink for Pouring
Ultramarine Blue for Pouring
Phthalo Blue (for M&P)
Turquoise (for M&P)
Chrome Oxide Green for Pouring
Phthalo Green (for M&P)
Bright Lime Green for Pouring
Orange Oxide (for M&P)
Blaze Orange for Pouring
Pyrrol Orange for Pouring
Red-Orange for Pouring
Maroon Oxide (for M&P)
Quinacridone Maroon for Pouring
Quinacridone Magenta for Pouring
Purple for Pouring
Violet (Hue) for Marbling
Dark Brown (for M&P)
Dioxazine Deep Violet (for M&P)