- Thermochromic paints that change colour between 30 & 31 degrees C.
- The colour change is fully reversible and can take place an unlimited number of times.
- For interior applications as the colours will fade in sunlight.
- We also sell Thermochromic Pigment Powders. Click here to go to Thermochromic Pigment Powders.
About our Thermochromic Paints
Thermochromic paints that change colour between 30oC and 31oC.
Their colour change is fully reversible and can take place an unlimited number of times.
The first colour in the colour name is the cool temperature colour (below the colour change temperature). The second colour in the name is the warm temperature colour or effect (above the colour change temperature). The colour change is sharp and fast.
- Orange to Bright Yellow
- Maroon Brown to Pink
- Dark Grey to Almost Transparent
- Turquoise to Transparent
- Bright Blue to Translucent Sky Blue
- Deep Green to Pale Translucent Green
Effect of colours underneath the Thermochromic Paints
Apply these paints with brush or roller. It is important to paint feature walls white before applying these paints unless you specifically want other effects as described below.
The products called Dark Grey to Almost Transparent and Turquoise to Transparent: can be painted over other paints of any colour. At temperatures below the colour change temperature the paints will appear dark grey (almost black) or turquoise. At temperatures above the colour change temperature the paints are transparent / almost transparent so the colours or design below the thermochromic paint will appear.
- To get complete cover over other colours you will need two coats of Dark Grey to Almost Transparent.
- To get complete cover over other colours you will need three or four coats of Turquoise to Transparent.
A few ideas
- Your child will invite all their friends to see their bedroom wall change colour which will happen twice a day on warm summer days.
- As body heat is around 36oC, handing an object painted with these paints will cause it to change colour in weather below 30oC.
- Paint a bench and everybody who sits on it in cool weather will leave their butt profile ????.
- On warm days painted items that are put in the fridge will change colour immediately.
- The paint can be used as a temperature indicator on baby bottles etc.
- Dark Grey to Almost Transparent and Turquoise to Transparent can be painted over other painted designs. In warm weather or when warm water is thrown onto the paint the design below will suddenly appear.
Orange to Bright Yellow
Turquoise to Transparent
Maroon Brown to Pink
Bright Blue to Translucent Sky Blue
Deep Green to Pale Translucent Green
Dark Grey to Almost Transparent