- Thermochromic paints that change colour at 31 degrees C.
- Their colour change is fully reversible and can take place an unlimited number of times.
Thermochromic Paints are temperature sensitive
Thermochromic paints that change colour at 31oC.
Their colour change is fully reversible and can take place an unlimited number of times.
The first colour in the colour name is the cool temperature colour (below 31oC). The second colour in the name is the warm temperature colour or effect (above 31oC). The colour change is sharp and fast.
Apply these paints with brush or roller. It is best to apply them over white paint as two coats will hide the white completely. It is important to paint feature walls white before applying these paints.
- Your child will invite all their friends to see their bedroom wall change colour which will happen twice a day on warm summer days.
- As body heat is around 37oC, handing an object painted with this paint will cause it to change colour in weather below 31oC.
- Paint a bench and everybody who sits on it in cool weather will leave their profile.
- On warm days painted items that are put in he fridge will change colour immediately.
- The paint can be used as a temperature indicator on baby bottles etc.
Earth Orange to Bright Yellow
Orange to Bright Yellow
Maroon Brown to Pink
Bright Blue to Translucent Sky Blue
Deep Green to Pale Translucent Green
Turquoise to Transparent