Liquid Colourants for Water Based Paints
- These colourants are all Lightfast Pigments suspended in a liquid carrier medium. They are not dyes and are not used for dying fabric (dyes are dissolved compounds, these are pigments).
- These liquid colourants are fine dispersed pigments that are added into water based paints to colour them. They are not suitable for addition into oil/solvent based paints and are also not recommended for addiction into resins (we have a separate liquid colourant range for resins).
- These colourants are all Lightfast Pigments suspended in a liquid carrier medium.
- Ultra-high concentration. The concentration of each colourant is shown. This is the pigment mass as a % of the total mass of liquid colourant. These are about 20 times more concentrated than little bottles of liquid colourants available in hardware stores.
- In paints the colour will darken as more Lliquid Colourant is added. You can only achieve bright or deep colours by adding these Liquid Colourants to a clear base paint and not into a white paint.
One Million Colours
A good human eye can distinguish about 1 million colours (I never measured this myself). Another way to consider this is that when any colour changes by about 1-2% then people can start to notice a difference. Colour measurement is a complex subject on its own that we won't deal with here.
How to get as many colours as you want when you want
- Easily incorporated into water based paint by stirring or mixing. They are easier to incorporate than dry powder colourants.
- All are highly Light-Fast (non-fading) and thus for exterior use.
- The Titanium Super White is very useful as colours can be lightened and hiding power (opacity) can be increased with it.
- Paint viscosity (thickness) will drop somewhat when some of the liquid colourants are added so bear this in mind.
Titanium Super White (70%)
Carbon Black (10%)
Carbon Black (30%)
Yellow Oxide (60%)
Azo Yellow (37%)
Bismuth Yellow (60%)
Red Oxide (70%)
Pyrrol Red (50%)
Phthalo Blue (49%)
Phthalo Green (45%)
Orange Oxide (54%)
Pyrrol Orange (35%)
Maroon Oxide (65%)
Quinacridone Maroon (20%)
Quinacridone Magenta (25%)
Dioxazine Violet (40%)
Ultra High Strength Magenta
Ultra High Strength White (XWK)
Ultra High Strength White
Phthalo Green (11%)