Acrylic Flow Control Medium
From R 25.00
- A high quality Gloss Pouring Medium for flow control in Acrylic Pouring Art. Also conditions paints for fabric painting.
- New formulation (launched in May 2020) helps to prevent all types of cracks that Pouring Artists often battle with.
Acrylic Flow Control Medium
(Often referred to as a High Quality Pouring Medium in Acrylic Pouring Art)
Used to increase the flow of acrylic paints in Acrylic Pouring Art.
- Significantly increases flow while retaining a feel of “body” and imparting cell forming properties.
- Our new Flow Control formulation developed during COVID-19 lockdown has been launched. This helps to prevent all five types of cracking that Pouring Artists often battle with. This new crack prevention chemistry allows more torching (to pop air bubbles), drying in hotter conditions and for thicker pour layers.
- A high gloss medium which creates a beautiful, durable, archival, glossy finish in Acrylic Pours.
- The high gloss together with proprietary surfactants make the paint colours more vivid in the final dry artwork.
- If you want to do a pour and peel technique to create skins then our Flow Control Medium is great as the super rubbery cohesion that it creates makes it possible to pull the entire dry pour off plastic with no damage to the dry pour at all. For this technique pour onto plastic instead of onto canvas, mdf board etc.
- LOW VOC and FORMALDEHYDE FREE
- By increasing the flow of paint, it can be used to reduce brush and roller marks in normal paint techniques. Amazingly it does this without creating excess dripping or roller splatter while increasing gloss, stain resistance and durability.
- Should be added to normal acrylic paints that will be used for Fabric Painting. Increasing the flow of the paint helps it to bind onto the individual fabric fibres and the highly flexible nature of this Medium makes the paint less likely to crack and more comfortable to wear on clothing.
For acrylic pouring art start by mixing one part Flow Control Medium with one part acrylic paint (by volume). Then add a little water until the required flow is achieved. Thicker paints will require the addition of more water. Soft body paints may not need any water added.
Our Marbling & Pouring paints are now all medium body paints (thicker than normal wall paints) and for great cells in a flip cup pour our suggested volume ratio is 5:5:1 (5 Paint : 5 Flow Control : 1 Water e.g. 15ml Paint : 15ml Flow Control : 3ml Water and then add a drop of Turbo Cell to each colour). Our Metallic Paints are soft body paints and 1 part Flow Control with 1 part paint is fine and no water is required. Sir adequately (2 minutes is fine) to avoid any separation of water during drying.
A pure acrylic gloss medium.
UV resistant. Suitable for Interior and Exterior applications.
Dry films are flexible and can be rolled.
Does not contain any pigments or extenders.
Not recommended for thinning paints for airbrush techniques or other spray applications (for spray applications use our Acrylic Airbrush Medium).
Keep out of reach of children
All our products should be kept out of reach of children under 5 years and anybody who may tend to place items or liquids in their mouths should be supervised. Even packing can become a choking hazard.