Acrylic Flow Control Medium
(Often referred to as a High Quality Pouring Medium in Acrylic Pouring Art)
Used to increase the flow of acrylic paints in Acrylic Pouring Art.
- Significantly increases flow while retaining a feel of “body” and imparting cell forming properties.
- Contains liquid waxes that interact with various cell forming additives (such as our Turbo Cell) to create a wonderful variety of cell types through various chemical interactions.
- A high gloss medium which creates a beautiful, durable, archival, glossy finish in Acrylic Pours. The high gloss and proprietary surfactants make paint dry colors more vivid. It makes pours naturally look like they have been coated with a varnish or gloss top coat.
- If you want to do a pour and peel technique to create skins then our Flow Control Medium is great as the super rubbery cohesion that it creates makes it possible to pull the entire dry pour off plastic with no damage to the dry pour at all. For this technique pour onto plastic instead of onto canvas, mdf board etc.
- By increasing the flow of paint, it can be used to eliminate brush and roller marks in normal paint techniques. Amazingly it does this without creating excess dripping or roller splatter while increasing gloss, stain resistance and durability.
- Should be added to normal acrylic paints that will be used for Fabric Painting. Increasing the flow of the paint helps it to bind onto the individual fabric fibres and the highly flexible nature of this Medium makes the paint less likely to crack and more comfortable to wear on clothing.
Properties and Directions
A pure acrylic gloss medium.
For acrylic pouring art start by mixing one part Flow Control Medium with one part acrylic paint. Then add a little water until the required flow is achieved. You will not need to add very much water.
UV resistant. Suitable for Interior and Exterior applications.
Dry films are flexible and can be rolled.
Does not contain any pigments or extenders.
Not recommended for thinning paints for airbrush techniques or other spray applications (for these applications use our Acrylic Airbrush Medium).
Keep out of reach of children
All our products should be kept out of reach of children under 5 years and anybody who may tend to place items or liquids in their mouths should be supervised. Even packing can become a choking hazard.