Colour Shift Pearlescent Pigments
- Also known as: Chameleon, Colour Shift & Colour Travel Pigments.
- Iridescent Pearl Pigments that change colour as viewing angle changes.
- Mainly sold for Resin Art but also suitable for oil, solvent and water-based systems.
Colour Shift Pearl Pigments
- It is normal to add these pigments into resin that is cast in thin layers over a black background (over black acrylic paint or a black resin layer).
- Not specifically certified as a cosmetic product but safe for use in nail products and in slime.
Most only create a strong colour and strong colour shift when applied over a black background. Fuchsia to Gold is an exception and gives the same effect over any colour.
At direct angles they appear one colour (the first colour in the name) and at flat angles they appear another colour (the second colour in the name). During transition between the two main colours a number of other colours are visible, some only at very specific angles. The actual effect you see will depend on film thickness and background colour so it is difficult to describe their exact effects.
In applications such as clear resins, the effects are awesome. On curved surfaces all the colours are visible at the same time to a single observer because the viewing angle changes around the curve. On small flat surfaces the observer or the object has to move to see the changing colours. On long flat surfaces all colours can be visible at the same time as the viewing angle is different between close and far-off parts of the object. Very strong colour shift effects can be realized when these pigments are applied over a black background.
Blue to Mauve Chameleon Pigment
Silver-Green to Burgundy Chameleon Pigment
Fuchsia to Gold Chameleon Pigment
Olive Green to Blue Chameleon Pigment
Fuchsia to Gold
Silver-Green to Burgundy
Blue to Mauve
Olive Green to Blue
|Glass Size / Colour|