Counter Top & Shallow Casting Epoxy Resin
- Manufacturer's Brand Name: Kristal Diamond 6®
- Clear, UV Stabilised, Approved for Food Contact.
- The cured resin is glossy, ultra-hard (scratch resistant) and suitable for temperatures up to 80degC.
- A high flow resin for thin layers of 1mm to 5mm.
- Typical Applications: Bar counters and table tops, jewellery, shallow moulds, clear coating over art, coating over other resins to increase hardness and give food contact properties and thin layer resin art (e.g. art on glass, wood, tiles etc) where a thin (high flow) resin is required.
- Used in layers of 1mm to 5mm thick.
- Clear, UV Stabilised (slow to yellow compared to non-stabilised resin but clear resin will eventually start to discolour outdoors).
- FDA approved for food contact up to 50oC. (Test method: FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 report number GZ190826027FR)
- Low viscosity (high flow resin) so air entrainment is less of a problem than with higher viscosity systems.
- The cured resin is suitable for temperatures up to 80oC.
- The cured resins is glossy, strong and ultra-hard (Shore D Hardness: 90). It is very scratch resistant but not scratch proof.
Most of our silicone moulds are about 5mm deep so this resin can be used is almost all the moulds that we sell. At 5mm thickness the resin has the advantage of curing quickly. As it is an extremely hard resin it does place more wear and tear on the moulds than a slightly softer resin does. As our Medium Casting Resin can be used in layers of 5-20mm thickness it is also suitable for many of our silicone moulds. Our Medium Casting Resin will cure significantly slower in a 5mm layer but it will cause less wear and tear to the moulds than this resin will.
- Bar Counters and Table Tops. A restriction is that this is a low viscosity (high flow) resin so if your surface does not have sides you will have significant losses off the edges.
- Kitchen Counter Tops. Restrictions are that despite being ultra-hard and scratch resistant the resin will be damaged by knife cuts and by hot items over 80oC.
- Thin layer resin art (e.g. art on glass, wood, tiles etc) where a thin (high flow) resin is required.
- Jewellery, Coasters and other shallow mould castings up to 5mm deep.
- Clear, glossy layer over art where a thin (high flow) resin is required. Do not use over oil based paints or art with oily substances.
- Cast as a thin layer over other resins to increase the surface hardness and/or to create a surface suitable for food contact.
You can download a PDF document with detailed specifications and instructions from this website page and if you purchase we will send a hard copy with your order.
1.33kg (1.21 Litres)
6.65kg (6.05 Litres)