Medium Casting Epoxy Resin
- Manufacturer's Brand Name: Kristal 30®
- Clear, UV Stabilised, Approved for Food Contact.
- The cured resin is glossy, very hard and suitable for temperatures up to 80degC.
- A high flow resin for layers of 5mm to 20mm (can be cast to 30mm if ambient temperature is below 18degC)
- Typical Applications: Medium depth casting in moulds and river tables.
- For casting in layers between 5mm and 20mm thick (maximum cast volume is 10 Litres). It can be cast in layers up to 30mm thick if the ambient temperature during curing is around 18oC or below.
- Clear, UV Stabilised (slow to yellow compared to non-stabilised resin but clear resin will eventually start to discolour outdoors).
- FDA approved for food contact up to 50oC. (Test method: FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 report number GZ190826027FR)
- Low viscosity (high flow resin) so air entrainment is less of a problem than with higher viscosity systems.
- The cured resin is suitable for heat contact or exposure up to 80oC..
- The cured resins is glossy, strong and very hard (Shore D Hardness: 85).
- Casting in moulds and river tables in layers between 5mm and 30mm thick.
Many of our silicone moulds are about 5mm deep so this resin can be used in many all the moulds that we sell. At 5mm thickness it cures slower than our Counter Top & Shallow Casting Resin but it has the advantage of placing less wear and tear on the moulds as it is not quite as hard. If you have patients and don't mind the longer curing time (especially in winter) then this will be the resin to extend the life of your silicone moulds.
You can download a PDF document with detailed specifications and instructions from this website page and if you purchase we will send a hard copy with your order.
1.33kg (1.21 Litres)
6.65kg (6.05 Litres)