Colour Transition: Silver-Green to Burgundy
The pictures show a single painted surface. They show the typical colours that this paint displays at various viewing angles.
The colour of this paint changes from Silver-Green to Burgundy as the viewing angle changes. During the transition visible colours include Violet, Purple, Magenta and Crimson.
The close up picture shows how application brush marks can show as different colours and create a 'wood grain' appearance.
Although this paint has some hiding power, the background colour will influence the final appearance. You will not be able to completely hide the background colour and should not attempt to. This paint gives a good colour shift effect over any colour but has the strongest effect over black.
See a video on Facebook of the result of this paint used in a Dutch Pour by Yulia Glas: Watch (You have log into Facebook to watch this video.)
Technical video demonstrating our three Colour Transition Paints:
- Create your acrylic artwork including some black. Once sufficiently dry, use a paint brush to apply this paint over black areas to achieve awesome iridescent colour shift effects.
- Use it as a paint in acrylic pours to achieve iridescent colour shifting effects. Most effective using Dutch Pour technique.
- Perfect for cupboard doors. Paint these with a sheen black such as our Arts & Crafts Black thinned with a little Flow Control Medium and then apply this Colour Transition paint over the black. You will see these change colour as they open and close.
- Paint your table top with a sheen black and apply this Colour Shift paint over the black. You can place a sheet of glass or even a layer of clear resin over the paint once it has dried for a few days.
- Perfect for feature walls which will appear different colours along their length.
- Paint a surface using one of our Arts and Crafts Paints (undiluted), using a paint brush. This will leave brush marks. Paint over with this Colour Transition Paint to create a wood-grain effect.
This is a special effect paint that reflects and refracts light in unique ways to generate a range of visible colours. The underlying colour and texture of a surface will influence the visual appearance.
This paint creates creative opportunities that were previously not available.
Comparing all our Colour Transition Paints
Fuchsia to Gold: This paint has good opacity and thus gives a similar effect over black, white and colours. With 2-3 coats it can completely hide the colours underneath it.
Silver Green to Burgundy: This paint is semi-translucent and the effect it gives is dependent on the colour it is painted over. It gives a good effect over all colours but strongest effect over black.
Blue to Mauve: This paint is translucent and its effect is highly dependent on the colour it is painted over. It has a strong colour effect on black and very weak colour effect on white. Excellent for mother-of-pearl effects.
UV Resistant Pure Acrylic
For Interior and Exterior use - the pearl colour transition effect is not damaged by UV light.
Stain Resistant Satin finish
Keep out of reach of children
All our products should be kept out of reach of children under 5 years and anybody who may tend to place items or liquids in their mouths should be supervised. Even packing can become a choking hazard.