Counter Top Epoxy Resin
- Manufacturer's Brand Name: Tarbender ®: by Smooth-On (USA)
- Clear, UV Stabilised.
- The cured resin is glossy, fairly hard and suitable for temperatures up to 80degC.
- A low flow (thick) resin for layers up to 3mm.
- Typical Applications: Bar Counter Tops (retaining sides not required).
- Cast in thin layers between 1-3mm thick, usually for counter tops and resin art.
- Clear, UV Stabilised (slow to yellow compared to non-stabilised resins but clear resin will eventually start to discolour outdoors).
- A fairly high viscosity resin (thick with low flow). This makes torching after pouring essential to remove air.
- Cured castings are glossy, hard and strong.
- The cured resin is suitable for heat contact or exposure up to 80oC.
- Not approved for food contact.
- Mixing ratio is 100 Resin : 41 Hardener by weight or 2 Resin : 1 Hardener by volume.
- Used for thin layer resin art on tiles, glass, wood etc where a thick (lower flow) resin is desired.
- Used to give a durable glossy finish to bar counters and similar tops. It can be used clear or with pigments added to create metallic appearance or other effects. This is a fairly high viscosity resin (thick with low flow) which allows counter tops to be coated without building sides to retain the resin.
- Used to encapsulate objects by pouring the resin over them. This can only be done with a thick, low flow resin that cures in thin layers such as this one.
- Poured over photos, paper and fabric as in decoupage art. Paper should be glued down or sealed first.
- Poured over acrylic art to create a glossy finish. Do not use over oil based paints or varnishes.
You can download a PDF document with detailed specifications and instructions from this website and if you purchase we will send a hard copy with your order.
1.41kg (1.29 litres)
7.05kg (6.47 litres)