- Thick base, durable Silicone Moulds for Resin and Polymer Clay Castings.
- Food grade so suitable for chocolate and fondant.
Silicone Jewellery Moulds used with Epoxy Resin
Stunning jewellery pieces can be made by adding our Special Effect Pigment Powders or Liquid Colourants to resin that is cast into these moulds.
We suggest that you use our "Liquid Wax Release Agent for Moulds" to prolong the life of our pink coloured moulds. The release agents has specific instructions that have to be followed. Don't use a release agent with our clear moulds. In this category our mould called "Geometric Pendants" is clear silicone and does not require the use of a release agent.
After applying the release agent as per instructions, mix your resin and pour it into the mould. Prior to pouring the resin you can add suitable pigments and colourants and you can use multiple resin layers if required. Carefully use a torch to pop any bubbles if necessary but take care not to damage the mould. If you use one of our Casting Resins you should not have a problem with air bubbles. Keep the mould on a flat surface in a protected area that is free from insects and dust while the resin cures. Only remove the resin casting from the mould once it is hard.
Some of these moulds automatically create a chain hole in the casting but for others it is easy to drill a hole through the cured resin after it has been removed from the mould.
Resin casting made in our pink moulds may tend to have a low gloss finish. There are various ways you can finish off the removed castings to create a high gloss:
- By far the simplest is to apply a coat of our XTC-3D Brush-On Coating. This get mixed like a resin and then applied with a brush. It levels out with no brush marks to create a glossy finish.
- You can "paint on" a thin layer of the same resin you cast with. Problems with this approach are that the resin may tend to pool in crevices and thin layers of resin take much longer to cure.
- You can apply a number of stages of sanding and polishing. You can see many examples of the sanding and polishing of resin on YouTube.
Water Drops and Squares
Cubes: Set of 12
Gemstones: Set of 9