Added to water based mediums such as paints and then provide resistance to mould and algae when the medium has dried. Often added to water based paints used in damp areas such as bathrooms.
HANDLE WITH CARE
AVOID ALL SKIN CONTACT. IN THE EVENT OF EYE CONTACT CONTINUALLY WASH EYE WITH RUNNING WATER AND SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
In the concentrated form this product is dangerous so must be handled carefully. The main danger is that if you get it on your skin it does not always burn immediately. The burning can start once it has penetrated below the skin surface and it cannot be ashed off then.
Add to wet paint before the paint is applied.
Add 15g into 1 litre of Acrylic Paint
Add 1.5g into 100ml of Acrylic Paint
Stir paint fairly well with a spatula. Stir for about 5 minutes.
What Mould Inhibitor does and how it works
Once the paint has been applied and has dried, the paint film is protected from all types of fungi and algae. Common types of fungi include moulds and mildew. All fungi and algae need some moisture to live. When the painted surface gets even slightly damp e.g. from humidity in the air, a tiny amount of Mould Inhibitor dissolves in the moisture and kills any moulds or algae that may be present and about to grow.
How long does it last?
For art stored indoors the amount of moisture is very low (although sometimes enough for mould to grow) so at the directed usage level, dry-film protection will exceed 20 years and could last for 100 years. For bathroom conditions protection will probably last 7-10 years. For arts or crafts stored outside in the rain, protection will probably last about 5 years. After this time you can clean the art, add Mould Inhibitor to an acrylic clear coat and apply another protected surface coat.
Can it be added to paint that will be stored?
Mould inhibitor can be added to paint that will be stored prior to use. It is not impacted by paint storage. It does not, however, preserve wet stored paint or stop it from going off. This is because bacteria cause wet paint to go rotten and Mould Inhibitor kills fungi and algae, not bacteria.
To prevent another person from using the empty container, please rinse the empty container with water and puncture it with a sharp object prior to disposal.