Bright Neon Pigments for Resins
- Fluorescent Bright Neon Powders (UV active).
- Mix easily into Epoxy and Polyester Resins.
- For interior applications (colours fade in sunlight).
Bright Neon Pigments for Epoxy and Polyester Resins
These pigment powders can be mixed into resins by simple stirring. Stirring until uniform only takes about 1 minute. In addition the pigment particles are fine so settling before the resin has cured is not usually an issue.
The extremely bright neon colours give a day-glow effect but also glow vividly under ultra violet light,
The pigments are relatively lightfast as far as neon pigments go but they should be used for interior use as the colours will fade outdoors and also if exposed to UV light for long periods.
These pigments are formaldehyde free and we have not seen any negative impacts on resin curing behaviour in any of the resins we have tested them with.
Avoid creating excess dust when using the powders. Dust generated by these powders can be flammable at certain concentrations in air so don't work near a source of heat or sparks.
How much to use
When used in low concentrations the colours generated are translucent. In higher concentration the colours become more solid and in some cases loose the bright neon effect.
- 6% pigment on resin mass should be sufficient for a solid colour and you can use less for a more translucent appearance which also often gives a more neon effect.
- Green, Blue and Pink most notably gives a brighter neon colour at low concentrations.
- Red and Orange are fairly similar which is normal for neon colours. Both glow with the same Orange colour under UV light.
HP Fluorescent Red
HP Fluorescent Orange
HP Fluorescent Pink
HP Fluorescent Yellow
HP Fluorescent Green
HP Fluorescent Blue
|Glass Size / Colour|