Natural Kyanite Blue Blade Crystals
- Beautiful elegant long slender crystals with shape best described as blades.
- The colour is natural blue with dispersed whitish hues. Awesome in resins.
About our Kyanite Blue Blades
This is a beautiful blue crystal. It is a distinctly natural blue but has dispersed whiteish hues. The picture with the R1 coin shows a 100g unit hat we sell and as shown each unit contains a variety of sizes. The coin in the picture demonstrates the crystal sizes. The crystals are all long, slender and thin. Their thin or flat nature makes them suitable for inclusion into resin layers that are only a few mm thick.
Geodes, Geode Art and Crystals
By now we all know that a geode is a cavity in a stone that is lined with crystals or minerals. While you probably won't find Kyanite Blue Blades in natural geodes they 'belong' in resin and contribute a really natural blue hue.
Crystals versus Stones
Think of crystals as very pure stones. But to avoid confusion we have used the following (non-scientific) classification in this website.
- Crystals have a characteristic crystal shape with flat surfaces, distinct edges (or corners) and usually one or both ends have a pyramid shaped termination.
- Stones are random in shape and are not shaped like a crystal. Many pure stones are actually crystals but if they don't have a crystal shape we call them stones.
- Crystal Stones: we use this to describe crystal clusters that overall have a stone shape. The individual small crystals making up the clusters are visible.
If you have an interest in a little more beginners detail on the topic of crystals and stones you can download the attachment available on this webpage. This also discusses the quality, processing and value of gemstones such as sapphires, rubies and diamonds as well as the processing of stones by tumbling, polishing and cutting into gallets and cabochons...........and it's only 2 pages. Everybody buying jewellery should know these basics.
Blue Kyanite is especially good for working with the Throat Chakra and communication issues. Blue Kyanite helps to speak one’s truth with clarity, making it a great stone for public speakers and performers. Blue Kyanite also facilitates an alignment of all the subtle bodies, creating a larger and stronger aura.
An excellent Third-Eye Chakra stone, Blue Kyanite can pull very high vibrations in through this chakra to be processed as messages from other realms. It can transfer a high vibration, allowing for an opening of psychic abilities, especially during meditation. Blue Kyanite can also be used to promote lucid dreaming and astral travel.