Natural Kyanite Blue Blade Crystals
- Beautiful elegant long slender crystals with shape best described as blades.
- The colour is natural blue with dispersed whitish hues. Awesome in resins.
Natural Kyanite Crystals
We call these "Blue Blades" as that best describers their colour and shape.
About our Kyanite Blue Blades
These are beautiful blue crystal. They have a distinctly natural blue colour with dispersed whitish marks. The picture with the R1 coin shows a 100g unit that we sell. There is also a picture of a 500g unit. Each unit (100g or 500g) contains a variety of crystal sizes. The R1 coin is included in the picture to give an indication of the crystal size. The crystals are all long, and thin. We use the term "blade" to describe the crystal shape. Their thin or flat nature makes them suitable for inclusion into resin layers that are only a few mm thick.
Geodes, Geode Art and Crystals
By now we all know that a geode is a cavity in a stone that is lined with crystals or minerals. While you probably won't find Kyanite Crystals in natural geodes they 'belong' in resin which brings out their beautiful natural blue colour.
Crystals versus Stones
Think of crystals as very pure stones. But to avoid confusion we have used the following (non-scientific) classification in this website.
- Crystals have a characteristic crystal shape with flat surfaces, distinct edges (or corners) and usually one or both ends have a pyramid shaped termination.
- Stones are random in shape and are not shaped like a crystal. Many pure stones are actually crystals but if they don't have a crystal shape we call them stones.
- Crystal Stones: We use this to describe crystal clusters that overall have a stone shape. The individual small crystals making up the clusters are visible.
Kyanite Blue Blades according to a geologist. (From: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyanite )